Tuesday, November 9, 2010

True Confession Tuesday

True Confessions
It has been a loooong time since my last confession. Maybe because I have been too busy to dwell on anything lately, good or bad, and the scale keeps moving down, so I figure my indiscretions probably aren't worth mentioning. But with the latest Shrinking Jeans Challenge being over I think I should probably confess to keep myself honest and on track. Without the fitness challenges to push me I need to push myself, which leads to my first confession.
I have been horrible at pushing myself lately. I should qualify that, once I actually start something, like a run or a video, I push myself. It is the getting started that is killing me lately. I keep thinking, oh I can do it later and then later comes and I don't do it. I need some more incentive to push myself to get off my butt and move. Which leads me to my next confession.
I have not been very good about getting my c25K runs in this week. I have gotten on the treadmill and run, but not nearly as often as I should. I like to use my husbands work schedule as an excuse. That I should spend time with him before he leaves for work and that after he leaves it is too late to run, but really that just an excuse. I could run before he goes to work since he is probably sleeping on the couch anyway.
So those are my not so stellar confessions, but I do have some good things to confess.
This past weekend started our holiday crazy schedule. We had our first of many many Christmas parties (I know, Christmas parties already, heaven help us) and not only did we go, eat, drink and be merry, but I didn't overeat. I got a few things I really liked and ate slow and didn't get that ugh full feeling. I even stepped on the scale the next day to find I had not gained.
I have also been working very hard and been very good at taking my iron supplement. I know this doesn't sound like a big deal, but it is for me. Mostly because I totally hate taking the stupid little pill. It makes me feel terrible for at least an hour after I take it, so I like to pretend to forget to take it. But this whole month I have been super diligent about taking it.
So I guess that is all for now. I need to get off my tush and starting moving more so that next week I can confess all good things...... well mostly good things. I can't be good all the time or life would get boring. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment