Monday, September 12, 2011

MIA

Oh, hi there. Remember me? I know, I know it has been a long time. In my defense I have been super busy! With what you ask? Well summer, and work and life and everything everyone else is busy with as well. But we did spend half of July in the U.P. on Drummond Island. Then there was trips to our cabin and we attended several weddings. Oh and we had a ton of graduation party's this year, one being our own. Our oldest son is officially a high school graduate! We couldn't be more proud. He graduated in May and bought a house in June! He is doing training at work as a mechanic and he is thinking about taking classes next year. Bill is just one of those kids that needs to figure things out for himself and he is learning a lot this summer.
Anyway, as busy as the summer has been I have been trying to keep up with my blog reading and keeping tabs on everyone else. This has been a super tough task though, since my promotion earlier this year I have been working tons of hours and the time I am not working I am spending with family and friends. But summer is over. Work has settled into a good routine and school for the little one is back in sesson.
I now have a little bit of time. It helps that I finally have my family trained to do their chores before I get home, and I have implemented a menu plan for each week. Gary is great about at least getting dinner started before I get home and Kris is a great helper. It gives me almost an extra hour each night if I don't have to cook, all I have to do is dishes when we are done (that's my chore, lol).
So what am I planning on doing with this extra time? Hopefully blog more! and I am getting back to my sewing and crafting, I am volunteering at school, and as always getting a work out done as often as I can. I am anxious to get back to running, which I just have not had time for lately. But have no fear, even without running I am still getting the workouts in and I have lost 17 pounds over the summer! Can't beat that with all the parties we have been too!
So look for me to be on here more often. Look for some of my new craftng projects and of course to see how much more weight I can lose! I am looking forward to being back and catching up! What have you been up to? Do you find you have more or less time now that kids are back in school?

No comments:

Post a Comment