Thursday, December 9, 2010

Still Here

I am still here, trying to catch up on everyone's blogs and seriously ignoring my own. I need to get back in the swing of things, I just rarely have any time to do that. I have continued to try to eat right and exercise. I haven't gained any weight, but I haven't lost either. I feel like not gaining is a victory by itself with all the holiday treats that are around these days.
I have been extremely busy at work since due to down sizing we went to 4 day work weeks, so now I have 40 hours of work to do in 32 hours. I am not complaining though, I like the job and the benefits and it is only for a month, hopefully, and I have so much stuff going on that I keep my day off filled with appointments and errands.
Gary dropped a bomb on my Monday that he needed me to plan his company holiday party, for this Saturday, oh and it is 2 hours away. I have been running around trying to get that all taken care of too. Thank goodness for the wonderful people in my town that I do all the company embroidery with, I now have all the guys gifts embroidered with the company logo and their names in less than 5 days. What a life saver that is. So now I just have to finish the food, and well, since I can't cook I freaked about the food. Luckily for me one of our very good friends is an amazing cook and he has offered to make all the food for me.
Other than the usual holiday madness things are going along well for me and my family. We had parent teacher conferences for both boys last month and they are both doing amazing. Kris is reading 2 whole grade levels ahead of his class and he is doing awesome in everything else too. Bill is getting A's and B's across the board and we are really pleased with how well he is doing with school and work and still finding time to be with friends and stay out of trouble. Sometimes I get so caught up in the day to day hustle and bustle that I forget how great my kids are, I get too wrapped up in what they didn't do, like clean their rooms, to remember how awesome they are, messy rooms or not.
This week Kris wants to make presents for his friends at school for Christmas, he even wants to buy the supplies himself. I think that is pretty neat for a 7 year old boy to be thinking of others, he is really getting into the spirit this year. We are working on helping a family that is less fortunate too so that both boys see how truly lucky they are.
We have 4 Christmas parties in the next 2 weeks, 2 of them back to back and then we jump in the truck and go to Florida. With all the planning, shopping, wrapping and packing you can see how I don't have much time to blog, but I will get back to it. Ok well I will try. I miss you all, but I have been trying to keep up reading all of yours!
How is your season going?

No comments:

Post a Comment