Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Just Checking In

It is weigh in/check in Wednesday over at the Sisterhood and although I have been absent for awhile I think a check in is in order.
I took some time off, mostly due to laziness, from eating right and working out. I came back from a little R&R in Vegas and hopped back on board.
For the past 4 weeks I have been watching what I eat and working out. I started back kinda slow, mostly just watching my food intake, then I slowly progressed to working out. I started taking a walk everyday, then I added miles and toning. I am now either shredding or walking or both most days of the week. I try to get at least a mile in everyday and most days I get well more than that in. I used to have this horrible anxiety about putting on my 30 day shred video, I knew it was going to hurt. But now, I am excited to turn it on because although I know it is still going to hurt, I know that it is working. I am seeing results. I can wear clothes I had long since stopped wearing, I can see that number on the scale going in the right direction. I feel strong and confident. I feel like my goals are achievable. It is a really nice feeling. I feel empowered and energized.
I have a plan and I am sticking with it. I am making better choices for myself and in turn my family. I am eating more veggies and drinking more water. There are certain foods that no longer come into our home. We don't have pop, diet or otherwise, in our house. No chips, no junk food. We are finding healthier options. I have cut out all sweets from my diet, no more french fries and no pop. It is now easier to pack a lunch than to go out because I am cooking better meals. I have leftovers of healtier options than anything I can get at a restaurant. I am counting calories in and calories burned. I am getting healthy and sleeping better. I have a lunch date today with my mom and although I am super excited to see her, I was bummed this morning that I couldn't bring my leftovers in for lunch! That is a huge switch, I used to love to eat out, now I am thinking of how long and hard I will need to work out to burn off the extra calories.
The changes that I have started are truly amazing. I love where I see things heading. I see a healthier lifestyle for me and my family. I am looking at the long term payoffs instead of the instant successes. I am looking forward to where I will be in one month and then six months instead of what can I lose this week. It is a change in attitude and I feel like it is the change I needed to be successful.
For Easter I am getting K a new bike. The kid has outgrown the last one, he is 8 years old and 4 foot 9 inches! And I am thinking that maybe the Easter bunny will bring me a new bike too. Mine is old (like 30 years old) and I would love to have something a little sleeker to ride around on. I think that would be a great reward for all the hard work I am putting in, don't you? Now I just need to convince Gary!
How did you do this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment