Thursday, March 17, 2011

Changes

In my little part of the boondocks, all that we have had available for internet has been dial up. Until now, finally this weekend we are getting high speed internet! I am so excited. I will finally be able to get online at home without the frustration of the lag time of dial up. I just had to share my excitement. This is wonderful.
Good things seem to be happening these days and I am looking forward to what the future holds. It has been a long time since I have felt this good about things. A couple years ago both my husband and I had job changes, one by choice the other by chance. It set us back, further than we has anticipated and we are finally getting back to where we were. It has been a long hard struggle but this feeling of freedom is so empowering.
The weight that I put on during all the stress is slowly melting off too. I am getting closer and closer to where I was before my world fell apart and I am excited to get into my regular clothes and have my energy back. It really surprised me how the stress affected every aspect of my life. My mood, my weight, my outlook everything was so turn upside down. Now I feel better, more optimistic, and lighter. I look forward to the day. Maybe part of that is the sunshine, but I know a lot of it is the relief of getting back on track. Being able to take care of obligations and being happy with what we have.
I know that over the past 2 years I have learned a lot. I have made new friends and have found myself in a completely different place than I had expected my life to take me. I was the youngest child in a moderately well to do family. I had everything I needed and then some, and money really wasn't an issue. I didn't get everything I wanted but it was very comfortable. The past couple years have taken me out of that comfort zone, and what I have learned is invaluable. I know now it is not what you have, but who you have. It is not what you get but what you give. It is the people you surround yourself with that make all the difference. We are no longer keeping up with the Jones' and we are happier for it. We have a beautiful home, wonderful healthy children, good vehicles, a small savings account and a love for each other that we would not have had without the struggles.
Finally my life is where I want to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment