Friday, July 2, 2010

Vacation

Ahhhh, a few more hours and I will officially be on vacation. We are not leaving until tomorrow morning and I still have a ton to do to get ready, but I can already feel my muscles starting to relax and the tension leaving my body. My desk is cleared off, my work is done and I have given instructions to my counterpart to cover me for the week. Life is good.
I still have to stop at the grocery store on my way home and pick up the last minute groceries and then I am home to finish the last of the laundry. Throw a few more things in the bags and load them in the truck. The boat is hooked up, the truck is washed and I am more than ready for a week of no phones, no computers and no stress.
We are spending a week on a private island in the upper peninsula of Michigan. Just Gary and me and some family. It is pure heaven. Sitting on the porch looking over Lake Superior while drinking a hot cup of morning coffee. Perfect. Fishing and reading and talking and drinking, I cannot think of a better way to spend the holiday. It is even starting out better than I could have hoped. That 2 pounds I gained this week, was not there when I jumped on the scale this morning. That is setting me off on a great start for vacation.I hope you all have a great July 4th holiday as well. Are you doing anything fun? I will be thinking of you as I sit on the boat and watch the fireworks from the water!
This is our view from the back deck of the cabin. The boys are coming in
from a morning of fishing, Uncle Bill driving the Dirty Myrtie.

And this is Uncle Bill driving the pontoon boat and getting
pulled over by the coast guard.
I can't wait to see what this year will bring.

1 comment:

  1. This vacation sounds heavenly. I love the UP. We camped at Brimley a couple years ago and drove all over the UP. My hope is to one day do the Porcupine Mountains. Enjoy your trip. I'm sure you will come back rested and rejuvinated!

    ReplyDelete