Thursday, September 23, 2010

A day late and a dollar short?!?

So I am a day late for the Wednesday check-in. Yesterday was crazy for me, so I guess you get the Thursday Check-in this week. I did officially check in with the Sisterhood for my Tribe, the Groovy Gray Chicks, and that is the check-in that mattered the most.
So officially here are my Wednesday results.......on Thursday
Starting Weight: 213.8
Week 1: 213
Change: -.8
Goal for the Challenge: As much as I can and keep it off.
I have not, as you can see, set a number to get to or an amount to lose for this challenge. I just want to work at getting it off and keeping it off. I am happy with any loss that stays gone. I don't want to yo-yo from week to week, so if that means I only lose a little bit each week so be it, although I hope it is a little bit more than this week! lol
So as I mentioned before yesterday was crazy and here is why. For the past year and a half or so I have been battling with a few little health problems, mostly fatigue which is directly related to low levels of Iron and vitamin B-12. I was doing better a few months ago but I can physically feel my levels are low again. I am in bed and sound asleep by 9:00am, that is totally crazy for me. So yesterday I had a doctors appointment, 2.5 hours from home. My doctor recommended I try a new supplement kinda drink of his own invention. It is packed with protein, Vitamin B-12 and Vitamin D, he said the protein in it is like eating a hamburger, but it only has 48 calories per serving. I was sold. He also said it gives you energy like a 5 hour energy shot, but without the caffeine or the crash. I tried a 1 oz shot yesterday and felt pretty good afterward, I was still in bed by 8:45, but hey you can't expect miracles. I took another shot this morning and felt better than I have in awhile. It doesn't curb my appetite as much as he described it would, but it helped. I am hoping more so that the B-12 in it helps me get my energy back than anything, but I feel pumped and revitalized. Weight loss is just as much mental as it is physical and I was feeling so tired and warn out that getting the physical part in was killing me. Lets hope this helps for next week. That is if I survive and haven't been exiled! Fingers crossed.

No comments:

Post a Comment