Monday, August 2, 2010

Laughter

For a little while now I have been suffering from the blues. Not exactly sad, just in a funk. It is kind of awful to be going through, just that icky feeling that you can't shake. But I have found a cure. Laughter. Laughter is the best medicine. I had a friend call me today that always makes me laugh. It is a work friend and we coordinate jobs together. I laughed so hard I had tears in my eyes. It was wonderful. It put a smile on my face for the rest of the morning. It helped put the little irksome things that bother me into perspective. I needed that call more than anything today and I am happy to know that I have a friend out there that can bring that to me when I am struggling.
I think this Monday was harder than usual because I had had such a great weekend. I spent the entire weekend with my husband. For the first time in over 6 months we actually sat and watched a movie together that we both enjoyed. Gary is not one to watch a movie much less enjoy it. We went out to dinner together, we went shopping (ok so it was Home Depot), we fixed Sunday breakfast. It was a nice weekend and then yesterday afternoon I got to pick Kris up from his Dad's. It was awesome. We meet at a park half way between our house's and Kris came running down the sidewalk yelling, "Mom, Mom your here, I missed you." I loved it. He hadn't done that is a long time. He is mellowing in his "old" age (all of 7 and a half) and I loved hearing him call me from across the park, he couldn't wait to jump in my arms for a hug. So you can see why it was so hard to leave my sleeping husband and son and come to work to face another Monday. But laughter, laughter makes it all better.
Thank heavens for friends!
And on a completely unrelated note I got a new scale today for the new challenge. I am pretty excited, it logs your last weight and tells you how much you have lost. Pretty nifty I think. I was so excited I went into the store and bought it and opened it while still in the parking lot, which was a good thing because the scale on the outside was not what was on the inside. So I had to go back in an exchange it for the right one. Which of course they were out of, so I got to upgrade. Pretty cool if you ask me. Hopefully the 2 mile run I put in last night and the shred that I am planning for tonight, help to make the numbers on it go down!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a great weekend. I understand what you mean about the funk-I've got that too. Hey, can your friend give me a call? I think I need to laugh a little as well.

    ReplyDelete