Thursday, August 12, 2010

Sign on the dotted line

I did it. I signed up for my first ever 5k run. September 26th at 8:30am. The Capital City River Run. I filled out the form, I signed the check, I put it in the mail with a stamp on it and everything. Done. There is no backing out now. I am registered. And I am excited. I had been kinda putting off registering, self doubt filling me head, but last night Gary asked me when my race was. Honestly I didn't think he was paying attention when I talked about it, so I was shocked to hear him ask me. I said September 26th and he asked if he could come along, to be my cheerleader. If you knew my husband you would know that although he loves me with everything he has, he is not a cheerleader kinda guy. Gary is all tough love, so to have him say that to me I knew that he believed in me, that he knew that I could and would do it and that I better get my registration in.
So I did, I put it in the mail today and I now all I need to do is keep up with my c25k training. I know that I have more than enough time to train and be in good shape going into the race. I can't wait, oh and as a bonus I get a long-sleeved, technical running shirt! Who doesn't love that!?!

2 comments:

  1. SQUEEE! So proud of you Carrie! You are going to do great on that run. I might have to check that one out, too. I love a run that gives out long sleeved tech shirts vs. cotton T's that I'll never wear!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bari, you will have to let me know if you sign up! Then we can meet and have matching shirts!

    ReplyDelete