Monday, May 10, 2010

Mother's Day Weekend in Review

I had the most relaxing, wonderful Mother's Day weekend ever. I traveled home to my parents house on Friday afternoon. I left work early, picked up my son from school, jumped in the truck and drove the 45 miles home. I spent the weekend relaxing and enjoying my family and friends. We grilled out for Mother's Day. We had salads and hot dogs, olives and hamburgers and pie. It was lovely. we celebrated my Mom and all the wonderful things she does for us. But the best part was my K.
I am such a proud Mom. I have such a wonderful, sweet, kind hearted, smart, handsome and loving little boy. I know that the day was all about Mother's, but I feel like it was all about K. Without him I wouldn't be a mom at all, and being is Mom is the best thing I have or will ever do.
It is constant worry, and constant joy. Every single day I think how lucky I am to have that little boy as mine. He is such a joy, even on the worst days he makes me happy. He makes me laugh and he makes me want to get up every day and enjoy what the day brings. He always seems to give me the perfect gift on Mother's Day. When he was 2 he gave me a poem about his little fingers and he had his hand prints on it. Yesterday he gave me a clay mold of his little hand. Of all the gifts he gives me it is for some reason his hands that I cherish most. I have them all saved in my hope chest and I often get them out and look how far he's come.
I know that someday he will be all grown up with babies of his own, but as far as I am concerned he will always be my baby. He will always be my sun and moon and the reason I work so hard to make his life the best it can be.
It might have been a day to celebrate Mother's, but for me it was a day to celebrate the reason I am a mother. Thank you K for making it such a great day. Thank you for being such a great kid. And always remember that I love you more than anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment