Friday, May 28, 2010

So Excited

First off, Happy Memorial Day Everyone! I know I am a little early with that, but as you may recall I have dial up internet at home, so I will not be posting over the weekend! But I hope everyone has a safe and super happy holiday. Also I want to send my sincerest thanks out to all the men and women that serve our country, who put their lives on the line to protect mine. I am very grateful. Having been previously married to a Navy man, I know what it takes to be away from your family to protect others and we are all very blessed and honored to have such selfless people out there to do that.
Ok, so other exciting news in my life. Last night Big G and I got our new, to us, bikes. I wasn't really sure how Gary was going to react to me getting us bikes, so I kinda didn't tell him until about 10 minutes before they arrived. I have found in my life it is way easier to ask for forgiveness later than permission in the first place. I was pleasantly surprised by his reaction though. He was really excited. He even took a ride before I did. We got them from my beloved Aunt and they had been collecting dust in her garage, so once we had them home we polished them up. We greased the chains, adjusted the seats and handlebars and went for a ride. It was pure bliss. I felt like I had gone back in time to a simpler place. The bikes are really old, but in great shape, they don't have any speeds and you have to peddle backwards to get them to stop. They are super nostalgic and I love them, they even match. I know kinda corny, but cute at the same time.
I have been working really hard all week at making better food choices and getting in some sort of exercise everyday. That is easier said than done since Tuesday's and Thursday's are non stop from the time my feet hit the floor, but I have been really trying. And I have been pretty successful at it as well. Tuesday was the only day that I didn't get some sort of official workout in, but I did take a nice long walk in the store that day just to try to get something in. Well anyway, I feel really successful about it today. This morning I stepped on the scale and it had moved in the downward direction! Yeah me! I am so inspired and motivated to keep up the good work. I am trying not to look to far down the road at my end goal, but instead to take things 5 pounds at a time, and with this small success I think that I am definitely going about things the right way.
So how about you? Anything have you super excited? Any big plans for the weekend? Any movement on your scale?
Have a great weekend, whatever you do! And if you are anywhere around Mid-Michigan enjoy the sunshine they're predicting for the weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment