Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Weigh In Wednesday

My first ever weigh in Wednesday, I was kinda nervous this morning stepping on the scale. I did not expect to see the little needle move at all, but it did. And even in the right direction.
I lost 2 lbs this week. Yeah!
I have been trying this week, but after a long weekend and cook outs I wasn't too hopeful. But getting on the scale this morning and looking down and seeing a loss I was super excited. Even if hadn't lost I still would have been pretty proud of myself this week.
Last week we got new bikes and I have ridden mine everyday since I got it, expect for Monday when we mowed the lawn and that pretty much kicked our butts for the rest of the day. Last night we mowed the lawn again, but the mower overheated and we had to stop early. I didn't think I had gotten in enough exercise for the day, so I headed down to the basement to use my elliptical. Usually I can only do 5-7 minutes before I feel like my legs are going to turn to rubber and fall off, but last night I did over 20 minutes! I was shocked and excited. I kept checking the tension gauge to make sure K hadn't messed with it. But it was on the highest setting and I was motoring through. I even went for a 2.5 mile bike ride when I was done because although I felt good about the cardio, I felt like I needed some more muscle toning to be done. It felt awesome. It has been such a long time since I have felt that good about a work out. I feel so empowered and ready to face another week. So with week one under my belt I am starting on week 2, and I am starting WW as well. I have stopped looking at the final goal and am focusing on the little goals along the way. The first one is 5 pounds and I am almost half way there. I know with the starting of WW and the exercise I will be there soon.
How was your week? Check out the sisters to see how they all did.


6 comments:

  1. Great job on the loss this week! Just because you aren't in a gym or sweating out to a DVD doesn't mean the workout doesn't count. Did you know you can burn HUNDREDS of calories mowing the lawn? Seriously! Count it!

    Good luck at WW this week-I'm sure you will do great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I lost a lot of weight doing WW it really works.

    So does mowing the lawn! Great loss! Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job! So glad you got the exercise in regardless of what it looked like and good for you in conquering the elliptical!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very impressive! I know you're going to be so successful. Between Weight Watchers and all that exercise you're going to be where you want to be in no time!

    ReplyDelete